Check back in the Summer of 2018 for application information for the 49th Annual Raymond James Gasparilla Festival of the Arts (March 2-3, 2019)
Applying to the festival
- Applications must be completed between July 11, 2017, and October 1, 2017. Notifications will be sent in November 2017.
- If you received an award in the 2017 Raymond James Gasparilla Festival of the Arts, you are automatically accepted. You must submit an application and fee between July 11, 2017, and October 1, 2017.
- Each artist must submit four images.
- The artwork shown on three images must have been produced in the last three years. These three images also must accurately represent the type of work that will be displayed in the booth and must be a single category of work.
- The fourth image must show the artist’s display space with a representative sample of the work visible. This image is to provide the jurors assurance that the artist has an adequate body of work and to illustrate the scale of work.
- Only work of the quality and type illustrated in the artist’s images may be exhibited.
- The GFA rules committee may eject an artist from the festival for exhibiting work not represented in his or her application.
- Applications without a display image will not be reviewed.
- Please submit images for poster or T-shirt designs (optional).
- A nonrefundable administrative fee of $45 must accompany each application. (Past award winners who are exempt from the selection pre-jurying process are still required to pay the administrative fee.)
- Administrative fee increases to $55 after August 31, 2017.
- Upon acceptance to the festival, the exhibition fee will be due (artist’s amenities and sales tax included). Checks or money orders (U.S. currency) should be made payable to the Gasparilla Festival of the Arts.
- Each artist is limited to one 10”x 10” space at the festival, and only one medium category may be exhibited in a booth.
- An artist may apply in multiple medium categories for different bodies of work. A separate application must be submitted for each category, including its own set of images and jury fee. An artist may not apply multiple times in the same category.
- A two-person team or partnership collaborating on a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor if this is adequately explained at the time of application. Each artist must sign the completed application and be present for the entire festival.
- Any on-site work must have written approval from the festival board prior to the start of the festival.
All artists applying to exhibit in the festival are expected to have read and accepted the following release agreement.
“I acknowledge and agree that my completion and submission of this application represents my commitment to participate in the 48th Annual Raymond James Gasparilla Festival of the Arts (the “Festival”) to be held in Tampa, Florida, March 3-4, 2018.”
“I have received and read the Festival Rules, which are part of this application and are incorporated herein by reference. If I am accepted into the Festival, I agree to abide by the rules, including any rules which may be adopted by Gasparilla Festival of the Arts, Inc. after the date of publication of the 2018 Raymond James Gasparilla Festival of the Arts artist’s application.”
“For good and valuable consideration, including being permitted to participate in the Festival, the undersigned participating artist, for myself and my successors, heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, legal representatives, employees, agents and affiliates and in case of a corporation, also its officers, directors and shareholders (collectively, the “Artist”), forever releases and discharges Gasparilla Festival of the Arts, Inc., and each of its officers, directors, employees, agents, assigns, volunteers and affiliates (herein referred to as “GFA”) from all claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses, suits, damages, obligations, liabilities and causes of action, whether arising in law or in equity, which the Artist ever had, may now have or may hereafter have by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever arising out of or related to the Artist’s involvement in the Festival.”
“The Artist agrees to and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injuries to the Artist, including death and risk of damages to Artist’s property, caused by or arising out of the Artist’s involvement in the Festival.”
“The Artist herby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold GFA harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, losses, causes of action, damages, liabilities, obligations, costs, expenses and judgments (including, without limitation, death and damages to property) caused by the Artist’s acts or omissions or failure to abide by the rules of GFA arising out of the Artist’s involvement in the Festival.”
“If accepted, GFA has my permission to reproduce my artwork, through the slides I have submitted, for the purpose of promoting, advertising and marketing the Festival. GFA also has my permission to publish photographs or video taken of me, my booth and my work during the Festival for purposes related to promotions of the Festival, past or future.”
Essential festival information
- Applications must be submitted between July 11, 2017, and October 1, 2017.
- Applications will be juried by three jurors of regional or national prominence for acceptance in the Festival.
- The festival takes place March 3-4, 2018.
- A juror of national prominence will jury accepted work Saturday morning of the festival beginning at 9 a.m.
Awards and checks will be presented to the winning artists in person at the awards ceremony late Saturday afternoon. An artist must be present to accept his or her award before 5 p.m. on Sunday evening at the festival, or he or she will forfeit the award.