2019-20 Tampa Bay Area K-8 and High School Outreach Program
A returning initiative of the Gasparilla Festival of the Arts
The Gasparilla Festival of the Arts is excited to present the Tampa Bay Area high school outreach and our Hillsborough County K-8 T-Shirt Art Contest again in 2020.
GFA’s Scholastic Showcase, which debuted in 2017, gives our community’s youngest artists an opportunity to display their artwork at the Festival. We hope this experience encourages them to pursue their artistic talents and helps them recognize that becoming an artist is attainable and rewarding.
High School Program
- Participants represent public schools in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Manatee, and Sarasota counties.
- Up to five works of art per county were submitted to GFA.
- Allowable mediums: ceramic, digital, drawing, fiber, glass, jewelry, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, watercolor, and wood
- Works on display are purely for artist participation. Accordingly, the artwork will not be available for sale during the Festival.
- The works will be judged by the festival juror. The creator of one winning piece will be awarded a scholarship and the corresponding school will receive a donation for its visual arts program.
Elementary and Middle School Program
- Participants represent Hillsborough County public schools.
- Ten submitted works were reviewed by our GFA leaders.
- One piece was selected to be printed on a limited-run children’s t-shirt, available for purchase at the poster & t-shirt booth. All submitted works are on display in the school programming exhibit tent.